Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Smoothie Operator

I got pretty "anal" on my last post about fiber (har). It's one of the key parameters I'm trying to balance in my new diet: Fiber, salt, fat. The rest will fall into place.

There are lots of good bread options loaded with fiber. Sandwich rounds are great. I'm staying away from plain pasta or white bread. The whole grain stuff has lots more flavor.

I'm also going heavy on the fruit, and decided to try out fruit smoothies. I never got into them because I thought the name was stupid. But they are a great way to get calcium and fruit.

I make them like this: Toss about a cup and a half of fresh and/or frozen fruit in the blender. If fresh, add some ice cubes. Add about a cup of skim milk and 1/4 cup or so of fat free vanilla yogurt.

Blend like hell for a minute or so and pour into a cup. Tastes really good. You get a lot of fiber and vitamins from the fruit and some calcium to boot.

Doctor Update!

I have an appointment tomorrow with my Primary Care Physician and a Cardiologist appointment on the 16th of November. Thanks to all for helping me get these under way!

No comments:

Post a Comment