Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heart Doctor

This past Monday I had my first visit with my cardiologist. They took another EKG which still showed some residual damage from the heart attack. The cardiologist mentioned that the damage may reduce over time, but there may be some permanent damage. It will be more obvious in 3 or more months.

I also described my fatigue and he indicated the Coreg may be causing that. I'll be changing from that to Atenolol, another Beta Blocker, this week.

And, the cardiologist released me to start walking, and phasing into running again. I'll start with brisk walking once I can get my energy level back.

I'm staying pretty close to the diet, but I did travel this week and had some trouble getting completely healthy food whilst eating out. I did manage to have more salads than other food, and avoided the fried stuff.

So, recovery is under way and hopefully I'll be my normal bubbly self before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment