Monday, November 30, 2009

More Heart Fun

On "Bad Friday", I had some plastic surgery to remove a couple of questionable skin blemishes - one on my forehead and one inside my ear. I don't know at this point if they were bad or not - I'll find out in a week or so.

During the prep for the surgery, the standard instruction was to lay off the Plavix, as it can lead to more bleeding during and after surgery. Given that I have stents, I couldn't do that. So I stayed on aspirin and Plavix.

The first couple of days after the surgery were a bit tough, but I'm getting back on my feet. I do have a couple of nasty looking scars that will scare the children for a few weeks.

I've also adapted to the change from Coreg to Atenolol, and I am happy to say I have most of my energy back. I have been getting some armchair exercise from our new Wii, but I intend to hit the treadmill soon to start working on getting some aerobic fitness back. I'd like to give myself a nice run outside for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment