Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Habits


Finally, past the holidays. I slipped a bit on my diet regimen, but didn't totally go off the wagon. I avoided the prime rib and other really fatty foods, and tried to still get some fiber and vegetables. I didn't miss a single pill and was reasonably active.

Finally, on Jan 2, I hopped back on the treadmill and did a couple miles running. It felt pretty good for a treadmill run. I hate those things, but it's better than not working out.

I'd like to use the gym at work but I know it will be crazy with the "Resolutionaries" for the next 4 weeks. By Valentine's day it usually drops back to the normal levels. Perhaps the roads will thaw and it will warm up a bit so I can get back to running outdoors.

So now it's back to getting 100% of my daily fiber and increasing those vegetable and fruit servings. Works for me...I love the flora.

For all of you who haven't made a decent resolution this year, do this: Commit to getting a good physical and blood lipid profile this year. You don't want to follow in my footsteps. Remember that it was pure circumstance that I was able to receive treatment as quickly as I did last October.

I just received notice that this blog was highlighted as a top 20 Heart blog by MRI Technical Training. Makes me want to post more useful stuff!

Oh, and here is a self-portrait in BW before I got rid of the "Christmas Beard".

No comments:

Post a Comment