Thursday, January 21, 2010

6-dang AM

I have a new job at GE, and am pretty busy. I wanted to get back in shape and knew I couldn't get in the lunch workout or the after work workout. So I started going in early.

Many of you know I'm not a morning person. But I'm trying to get into the AM workout. The good thing is that GE gym is pretty much empty before 8AM.

I'm getting up around 6, heading straight to the gym in my jammies, and hitting the treadmill. I'm showered and ready for work before 8, and burn several hundred calories each day. I am averaging 4+ miles per day on the treadmill followed by some light lifting. Yah, I will PUMP YOU UP.

I can get into the 130's for pulse on a workout. That's Cardio range for a 40-50 yr old, so I consider that good, particularly since the Atenolol is lowering max heart rate and BP.

Sticking to the high fiber diet and meds. So far so good. I think I'm lined up for a stress test in March, so we'll see how I do.

Overall, I feel pretty dang good 3 months after the REBOOT.

Get a checkup.

1 comment:

  1. Hi john, ur blog is really nice and interesting, i truly like & enjoy it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Advertising Team for Promotion & Marketing then see how u enjoy a lots of quality traffic plus more readers to ur blog. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared with my friends hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

    ReplyDelete