Thursday, September 1, 2011

Still Ticking - and Walking!

I'm approaching 2 years since my heart attack, and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll have another round of lipid profiles to review soon, but I'm sticking to the medicine regimen and am getting some good exercise.

Walking is a great low impact way to exercise. I am lucky to work in a place that has some great paved walking trails as well as unpaved hiking paths. I get out 3 or more times each week for an hour, and sweat a bit. It feels pretty good!

I'm also coordinating walkers, and walking in the Heart Walk. If you would like to walk with me, or sponsor me, you can click here.  

The details :

Heart Walk – September 17
Location: Liberty Park (Erie bayfront)
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 9AM Register/Photo, 10AM Walk

It's a great way to get healthier, and support the American Heart Association!

No comments:

Post a Comment