Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TRI, TRI Again

My PCP says my Triglycerides are too high. I expected that and would have whacked him had he said anything else, given the evidence. I read about the two main drugs to treat it, Tricor and Lopid, and was not surprised when he prescribed Tricor, which I'm trying to set up through mail order.

We'll see how that drug works out for me. It does have some interactions with my other drugs, meaning I will have to take it in the AM and watch out for complications such as muscle pain.

He also was a bit concerned about my blood glucose at 106. All told, my vitals put me in the category of having Metabolic Syndrome, a precursor to all kinds of disease including heart disease and diabetes. I'll be getting a Hemoglobin A1C test next time around to check my long term blood glucose readings. Perhaps I'll cover Metabolic Syndrome later, as many of my contemporaries doubtless have this condition.

I'm continuing 4-5 days at the Gym in the early AM, alternating between heavy aerobics on the treadmill and weight lifting. I did get to run outside last week, which was lovely.

I'm taking care of myself to the best of my capabilities. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment